Tips On How to Organize Your Plumbing Truck
Since you are a plumber, your plumbing vehicle should be well-organized. You won’t look professional if you have to search for an essential tool to complete the job. And when you are in an emergency, every second is crucial, and you can’t waste a moment; that’s why you should keep your plumbing truck organized. An organized van is very efficient, plus it makes you productive.
Let’s sit and plan out together to reorganize the van so that you can easily use your plumbing truck.
Stock the Basics
You should make sure the van carries basic and essential tools always. For instance, the vehicle should include a first aid kit, safety glasses, gloves, antiseptic and other essentials.
Furthermore, every plumber needs a pocket level, sandpaper, solder flux, tape measure, voltmeter, voltage tester, drills, fitting brush, wrench set, hammer, etc.
A Good Shelving System
You should customize the interior of the van with a good shelving system. Create compartments on the sidewalls while keeping the bin on the floor. Separate the compartments to keep different types of equipment, spares, or tools. You can also use a different color on different compartments to quickly get things.
Use the Right Accessories
When you have the right accessories, it makes your plumbing van safe and ergonomic. For example, you can invest in an anti-slip floormate to prevent slippage.
You can use wall or ceiling liners to dampen rattling tools’ noise; this keeps your interior safe.
Nevertheless, you can add tap-activated lights to your van door for inclement weather and easy visibility during the night.
Your plumbing truck should be flexible enough since the vehicle has to move around. So just keep the essential items only to do the job of the day. Do not overload it with unnecessary equipment. Also, keep all your important items to the place where you want to get them easily.
Get an Inventory Management Suite
If you want to get your plumbing essentials in no time, you should invest in an inventory management suite. That’s because the suit will sync field management plus enterprise. In addition, it’s an automated system that can re-order itself, which is very convenient.
Additionally, the suite can be linked to a cloud-based mobile app that can streamline all your work.
Clean the Vehicle On Regular Basis
Make sure you clean the vehicle every day after using it. Restocking the van for the next days’ work reduces your stress from organizing it. However, you should create a cleaning schedule to keep the van clean. Also, when your customer sees a clean van, he will be happy as well.
Hopefully, you get a clear idea of how you can organize your plumbing truck to get things done. Well, let’s find out the benefits of an organized plumbing truck.
Benefits of Having an Organized Plumbing Truck
You are helping your plumbing business when you keep your van organized through racks or shelves.
- You can quickly find your essentials in one place whenever you need a tool or supply. This saves time for you, at the same time, helps you smoothly do the job.
- Having an organized van actually improves your productivity. Moreover, it means doing the job in a short period of time. Because, when you do not have an organized van you have to look for items; whereas now you spend the time completing your job.
- An organized van actually improves your images against the customer. If your customer sees the inside of your van and finds it neat, he can understand what you are doing. And this will create a good image towards your customer, and he may recommend your business to other people.
- You can easily find out if anything goes missing when you have an organized plumbing van. An organized van makes it a theft-proof van. Additionally, only you know where you keep tools which would be tough for others to find out.
- When all tools are neat and clean, it makes the van more spacious. In addition, keeping all the essentials in a neat row protects your van.
So, an organized plumbing truck makes your life easier and lets you do the job effectively in no time.